B3R have considerable experience in the retail sector having delivered many prototype buildings for the main operators in the UK. Our success has been achieved through a continual process of design innovation and incorporation of new technology.
These initiatives include:
- The development of the pavilion type concept – a store which responds to a specific urban grain.
- The standardisation of the format store which enabled an extremely efficient development programme to be achieved with a product that
was scalable from a 20k sqft up to a 120k sqft super store.
- A concept store resulting in a 30% reduction of build cost and speed of construction.
- The store on stilts concept which enabled the site efficiency to be maximised by locating customer parking below the store.
- An environmental format which provided a 70% reduction of energy use over the standard format store.
- Complex, mixed use proposals which enable inner city, brownfield sites to come forward.
- A concept for the store of the future which encompassed many of the primary ideas of sustainability, usability, and efficiency.
We continue to be a creatively driven team whose experience in innovation and management within the retail sector allows decisive and economic delivery of new ideas in this country and abroad.
Some images in this section have been taken from the partners past projects whilst directors of Michael Aukett Architects.