B3R Architects have extensive experience of commercial workplace and office development projects, particularly those comprising sensitive, complex and difficult sites including air-rights development with transport and communications infrastructure interfaces. Our portfolio includes a number of major commercial office projects, business parks, masterplans and buildings, and significant large scale residential and mixed use projects both in this country and abroad. Notable current examples being a mixed use masterplan comprising a new high speed rail station, interchange and circa 1,500,000 sq.m of commercial development on a 150 hectare site in the West Midlands and a potential total of circa 500,000 sq.m of commercial private and public office development located throughout the UK.
Recent examples of current and recent planning consented and completed projects include:
- a completed circa 60,000sq.m speculative commercial office development over a central London mainline terminus and underground rail stations,
- a completed circa 40,000 sq.m speculative commercial office development in the Bank Conservation Area in the City of London,
- a planning submission stage circa 50,000 sq.m speculative commercial office and retail development over Post Office below rail and infrastructure, and underground rail station,
- a completed 10,000 sq.m speculative commercial office development on the ceremonial route to and from the Guildhall in the City of London, and
- a current portfolio of circa ten sites, located in nationwide city centre urban locations, close to or over major public transport facilities and interchanges, each of up to circa 50,000 sq.m of mixed-use, phaseable campus buildings providing public and private sector occupant-led office, multi-type residential, retail and retail centre, cinema and other leisure uses, and multi-storey car park accommodation.
The latter project, whilst of a standardised ‘kit of parts’ for essential cost effectiveness, the prototypical office building being developed has to respond to a wide variety of very sensitive urban locations and is based on the ‘long life, loose-fit, low energy’ concept developed to provide highly efficient, flexible, adaptable and sustainable office and commercial space, designed to the British Council for Offices Grade A standard and to achieve a BREEAM rating of ‘Excellent’. The proposed buildings are of the highest architectural and urban design quality, and provide low cost energy and maintenance in use, low built-in obsolescence, high environmental quality of workplace and high occupant control over internal environment.
Through innovative design for even the most challenging sites, we provide solutions that provide significant added value, that are socially and environmentally responsible, and that give delight. We are a commercially aware practice, committed to delivering outstanding service to meet and exceed our Client’s needs and requirements, with a strong reputation both for high quality design and for successful delivery, on time and within budget.
Some images in this section have been taken from the partners past projects whilst directors of Michael Aukett Architects.